Friday, September 3, 2010

This weeks reading assignment http://people-press.org/report/319/public-knowledge-of-current-affairs-little-changed-by-news-and-information-revolutions  really caught me by surprise, I would have never thought that the public was as little informed as we are with all of the news media's we have available. In the comparison of the 80's and today we have so many more outlets to turn to in order to be informed yet according to this study the only real change that i took was the percentage of college graduates in compared to that time period. I realized while reading this that I too am guilty of not keeping up with current events as i should. This was disturbing but enlightening and has encouraged me to be in the top most informed group of people, so therefore I will be visiting important news sites, watching those news programs and reading more papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment